Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation


I have another review from Influenster, who teamed up with Rimmel London, to try and review their new stay matte liquid mouse foundation. I was really looking forward to trying this product out. I have extremely oily skin and foundations usually melt off my face, or end up giving me a much too "dewey" shall we say finish. Because of this problem, I mostly skip the foundation when I apply my makeup.



I skipped the primer while applying this because I wanted to see how it would do without it and because it is advertised to be feather light, I thought the primer would make this feel too heavy and may have swayed my opinion.



My first reaction to this when I first saw the product was that this could not be feather light. It has a very thick clay like texture and doesn't feel like mousse nor liquid. However, when I first applied it, it went on smooth and it was incredibly light. I was very surprised that it did not feel heavy on my face, and it did not cake at all. I forgot that I even had this on by the end of the day, and almost forgot to wash my face (not sure if that's a pro or a con). 



Now for the downside. I don't know if I did not prep my face correctly, or if it is the product itself, but it actually made my face too dry. My nose, forehead, and cheeks looked like I was exfoliating with the foundation. I wash my face with an exfoiliator, then apply my moisturizer. I wait until the moisturizer to dry completely before I apply my makeup. So I am a little stumped as to how the foundation dried out an extremely oily completion with moisturizer on at that. If someone's knows how to fix this, please comment and let me know. I am disappointed that this foundation does this to me, because it really stays matte and I had absolutely no shininess throughout the day. The foundation lasts for the average amount of time. It doesn't last as long as Revlon's Colorstay, but not so fast that you wished you hadn't wasted the money.



So my final verdict is this product is not for you if you're skin is already dry. If dryness is not a concern of yours, then purchase at your own risk. I am pregnant, so maybe my hormones have made my skin drier. Other than that one problem, this product is great in all other aspects. I am not going to recommend nor not recommend this product, because of my experience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment