Friday, November 8, 2013

Rimmel retro glam scandal eyes mascara

I'm coming back with another review on a product that I received from influenster to try and give my two cents on. I previously wrote a review on Rimmel's stay matte mousse foundation, and now I am going to be writing about another product of theirs...the retro glam scandal eyes mascara. 



I was very interested to try this out. I am always on the lookout for a mascara that doesn't clump or gunk up while applying. I keep trying new products and brands when I get done with my mascara. I have yet to repurchase the same brand.

My first thoughts were that the applicator brush was a little weird. It's in the shape of an hourglass, and made me wonder where most of the product was going to go. I like the outside of my lashes to be more dramatic than everywhere else.

I received the color black. I personally like black mascara, but if you do not, then this isn't the product for you. It comes in only two shades, black and extreme black. However, those shades really work with the name of this mascara. When I think of retro, I see very dramatic black lashes. 

This product did not disappoint. It went on smooth, did not clump, and I didn't end up with the four lashes. You know where it looks like you only have 4 or 5 lashes after you've applied because your lashes are caked together. It isn't waterproof, but I'm not a fan anyways. So again, just little things that have to do with personal preference.


Here is a picture with just the mascara on. This is one coat. I don't put mascara on my bottom lashes because they are very long and kinda make me look like a doll. It's not my kind of thing. This gave my lashes the dramatic look that I've been looking for and I'm very pleased.

While wearin this mascara for an entire day, I had no fallout, melting, or change in the shape of my lashes. I have found my new mascara and I will definitely be sticking with this. 

If I left anything out, please let me know. This pregnancy has given me the worst brain fog and I feel as if I was everywhere with this review, so I apologize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment